SFL Data Launches SmartSetup Service for Cost-Effective e-Discovery
Specialized Discovery Process Helps Corporations, Law Firms Make Proactive Decisions to Reduce Litigation Cost, Mitigate Risk
See us on PRWeb: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/8/prweb8683750.htm
San Francisco, Calif. – August 9, 2011 – SFL Data, the first provider of a fixed-price e-discovery managed service for corporations and law firms, is introducing its SmartSetup™ service in Booth 112 at the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) National Conference, August 21-25, 2011 in Nashville, Tenn. SmartSetup is designed to manage the first phase of a company’s e-discovery process and uses a selection of proprietary checklists and process flows to ensure defensibility while maximizing efficiency, including:
- Data identification, preservation planning and litigation hold administration services to build a solid evidentiary foundation and ensure clients do not run the risk of costly sanctions
- Support through the Meet-and-Confer process to ensure that ESI agreements are constructed reasonably and the case is facilitated efficiently
- Assimilation of all key matter details, including reviewing the complaint and understanding key deadlines and priorities
- A case kick-off process to ensure that early scoping, approach and strategy decisions are made with a view towards the efficiency and defensibility of the downstream discovery process
- Documentation of all decisions, steps, deadlines and data
“When you’re faced with a case, decisions in the early weeks can have a dramatic effect on whether or not you meet deadlines and stay within budget. In fact, the overall process can be thwarted by something as simple as the format chosen for document production,” said SFL Data Vice President of Discovery Troy Dunham. “By keeping the substance of the case in mind, we know which technical and discovery decisions make sense for a client.”
Given the nature of computer use in the workplace and the volume of data in many cases, negative ramifications such as spoliation, motion practices and sanctions relating to e-discovery are increasingly common in litigation. SmartSetup works to avoid these outcomes in a cost-effective manner. The SmartSetup phase is designed to gauge the specific e-discovery needs of each matter and help establish a successful working relationship between in-house counsel, outside counsel, the review team and SFL Data.
About SFL Data
SFL Data is the first e-discovery service provider to deliver a fixed-price managed service that enables Fortune 500 corporate legal departments and law firms to gain a world class e-discovery function without building it internally. Using an e-discovery managed service can reduce litigation costs by more than 50 percent and achieve better control, visibility, and defensible results. SFL Data’s clients include Oracle, T-Mobile, and Yahoo!, as well as more than 100 AmLaw 250 law firms. Founded in 1998, SFL Data is a privately held company based in San Francisco. More information is available at 415-392-2900 or at www.sfldata.com.
SmartSetup™ is a trademark of SFL Data.